Lancaster Central School District
The Lancaster Central School District's purpose
is to provide our students
with a comprehensive educational program
that will allow them to develop fully
the necessary academic and social skills
to become responsible and productive members
of a demographic society.
The Lancaster Central School District,
in collaboration with students, parents and
community, promotes innovation and change in
teaching and learning through a continuous search
for the most effective and efficient ways
of preparing students for the 21st century.
- The physical, emotional, social, and intellectual growth of our students is our highest priority.
- Teachers, administrators, parents, and community share the responsibility for educational excellence.
- All students can learn.
- Learning how to learn is as important as what is learned.
- Students learn best when actively engaged in meaningful learning processes.
- A safe, accepting, and caring environment promotes student achievement.
- Respect for self and others will maximize potential
- Change provides an opportunity for growth.
- Individual, cooperative, and competitive experiences enable all students to reach their full potential.
- Students need to develop critical and creative thinking skills.
- Curriculum and instruction practices will incorporate opportunities to demonstrate learning.
- Challenging and measurable expectations increase individual achievement.
- Ongoing staff development is crucial to a quality educational program.
- In a rapidly changing society, it is essential to become a lifelong learner.
- It is important to develop responsible and productive citizens.