CENTRAL AVENUE SUSPENSION PROGRAM
EXPECTATIONS FOR STUDENTS
All students assigned to the Central Avenue Suspension Program must arrive and leave by a school vehicle. The only exception is if a student has a verifiable doctor’s appointment or other legal excuse. This student must be picked up by a parent or legal guardian, but not by a friend. The parent or guardian must come into the school office to sign in or sign out the student. There will be no exceptions to this requirement.
STUDENTS WILL REQUIRE THE FOLLOWING:
- All textbooks
- Notebooks, binders, folders, class notes, and workbooks
- Writing utensils, calculators, colored pencils, rulers, protractors
- Lunch (if they do not bring a lunch they may charge one but no money will be accepted)
- Appropriate school dress (staff will provide clothing if deemed necessary)
- Male students must tuck their shirts in their trousers and pull up their trousers so that the waistband is in line with their navel.
- Clothes that they can exercise in, such as sneakers (physical education class will take place every day)
- Medications (prescribed or over the counter)
- Drugs (or look-alikes), alcohol, herbs, bath salts
- Cell phones
- Lighters, matches, tobacco products, e-cigarettes
- Weapons, chains, illegal materials
- Drug paraphernalia
- Outerwear (hoodies, vests, etc.)
- Hats, visors, bandanas
- Revealing clothing or that which promotes inappropriate lyrics, drugs, sex, violence, inappropriate or innuendo-based language
- Jewelry (leave in locker)
- Chocolate, gum, candy, caffeinated or carbonated drinks
- Open glass, or resealable containers
- Students may not participate in any LCSD activities or allowed on school grounds until the suspension has been served.
FOR THE SAFETY OF ALL STAFF AND STUDENTS, SCHOOL PERSONNEL CAN SEARCH STUDENTS’ BAGS AND OUTERWEAR.