- There are a total of five morning sessions and four afternoon sessions.
- Morning Class: 9:00-11:30 and Afternoon Class: 12:15-2:45 (times may be subject to change).
- There are 18 children in each class.
- In each classroom, there is one head teacher certified in Early Childhood Education.
- Every teacher has an assistant teacher.
- Each teacher encourages parent communication through conferences, email, and phone.
Below is more information about each of the Carousel Academy teachers.
Mrs. Memminger has worked with preschool children for
the past 17 years. She has experience teaching children with disabilities and
providing individual therapy to preschool children with special needs. Mrs.
Memminger earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Disorders and Sciences
from the University at Buffalo. She also received a Master’s Degree in Early
Childhood Special Education from Buffalo State College with a concentration to work with children from Birth-5 years old. “Preschool provides the concrete
skills needed to succeed academically and socially. My classroom will provide a positive learning
environment that will encourage each child to try their best, express their
individual wants and needs and most importantly have FUN!! I look forward to
watching each child grow and progress over the school year.”
Mrs. Thomas has taught pre-k for eight years. She has also substitute taught, tutored, and has worked with children at a summer program for the past 14 years. Mrs. Thomas attended SUNY Fredonia where she earned a Bachelor's Degree in Childhood Education. She also received her Master's Degree in Educational Technology from Buffalo State College. She is certified in both Early Childhood and Childhood Education. "Preschool is an exciting time and I cherish the influence that I have not only on each child's outlook on education but also on their life. In my classroom, each child will feel safe, confident, and free to be themselves. I work to create an engaging classroom that inspires each child to have a lifelong love of learning, exploration, discovery, and play."
Clouden has taught pre-K for eleven years. She graduated
from Canisius College where she received a Bachelor's Degree in
Elementary Education. Mrs. Clouden later went on to complete her Master's
Degree in Literacy from Medaille College. She is certified in
grades Pre-K through 6th grade. "I believe that preschool is a great stepping stone for children both socially and academically. I truly enjoy watching each child grow at their own pace, all while having fun, in a hands-on atmosphere."
- Miss Harris has taught pre-k for six years. She also has 13 years of experience teaching kindergarten, a kindergarten/1st grade multi-age classroom, a kindergarten/1st grade looping classroom, a 1st/2nd grade looping classroom, and as a reading assistant. Miss Harris earned her Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education from Buffalo State College. She also received her Master's Degree in Elementary Education with a concentration in Classroom Reading from Buffalo State College. She is certified in pre-k to grade 6 and special education birth to grade 6. “
A successful classroom is where a child can build up their confidence, get messy, learn how to win and lose, feel safe enough to attempt new things, laugh, dance, and express their thoughts and feelings. Each year I feel so lucky to recreate this place with students and their families."
- Mrs. DeAngelis has been teaching pre-k for nine years. She also taught kindergarten for six years. Mrs. DeAngelis received her Bachelor of Science in Education from SUNY Fredonia and her Masters in Education with a concentration in Early Childhood from the State University of New York at Buffalo. "The preschool year is such an exciting time. Children learn and grow so much academically and socially in those early years. It is truly rewarding to be a part of it all."