Building Level Planning Team (BPT)
· Each school building will have its own BPT responsible for makingdecisions and supporting initiatives within its school.
· Student achievement is the driving force behind all teamdecisions.
· Based upon the needs of the building, membership may include otherstakeholders, i.e., students, support staff, community members and Board ofEducation members.
· Selection and replacement of team members should reflect ademocratic process by involving their individual constituency.
· Agendas operational procedures and meeting dates shall be thefunction of the Building Planning Teams and should be scheduled to accommodatethe needs of all stakeholders.
· Decisions should be made by consensus whenever possible.
· Trained team members are essential for effective team operation.Members are expected to participate in ongoing skill development.
· Teams should design and implement effective communicationchannels.
· District level planning should include input from BPT’s. Once anyplan is adopted by the district, it should become a framework for theindividual building goals.