Lancaster Central School District
Court Street ElementaryBuilding Planning Team2017-2018
With a goal of creating a “results-oriented,” standards-based building, members of the school community participate in the Court St. Building Planning Team (BPT)
- Each school building will have its own BPT responsible for making decisions and supporting initiatives within its school.
- Student achievement is the driving force behind all team decisions.
- Based upon the needs of the building, membership may include other stakeholders, i.e., students, support staff, community members and Board of Education members.
- Selection and replacement of team members should reflect a democratic process by involving their individual constituency.
- Agendas, operational procedures, and meeting dates shall be the function of the Building Planning Teams and should be scheduled to accommodate the needs of all stakeholders.
- Decisions should be made by consensus whenever possible.
- Trained team members are essential for effective team operation. Members are expected to participate in ongoing skill development.
- Teams should design and implement effective communication channels.
- District level planning should include input from BPT’s. Once any plan is adopted by the district, it should become a framework for the individual building goals.
Last Modified on September 25, 2017