Dear Court Street Families,
Many times teachers (and principals) are asked by parents, "What can I do at home to help my child be successful at school?" My answer is quite simple, "Read with your child every day." Before, during, and after the reading, praise your child, direct a discussion about the story, ask questions, visualize the story, offer information, share personal reactions, and relate the story to life experiences. Most of all enjoy the story together and let your child see that reading is fun. Cherish this special time together!
During PARP (Parents As Reading Partners), Court Street students read every night to complete their reading logs and book recommendations. I am proud to say that 245 children will receive a free ticket to Darien Lake.
The week of Monday, February 27th through Friday, March 3rd is an exciting time. It is Court Street School Spirit Week. Please see the attached information about Spirit Week and donations for LEAF (Lancaster Educational and Alumni Foundation). Thank you to the Court Street PTO for organizing and funding Spirit Week activities.
During the month of March, there are important events to keep in mind:
- Monday, March 13th is the Lancaster Board of Education meeting at 7:00 at Court Street
- Thursday, March 16th is the Court Street Talent Show and Hobby Night
- Friday, March 17th is a Staff Development Day: No student attendance
- Tuesday, March 21st is the PTO meeting at 7:00
- Thursday, March 23rd is Spring Photos
- Friday, March 31st is Movie Night and Fundraiser pick-up
New York State Third Grade ELA Assessment
Tuesday, March 28th - Thursday, March 30th
New York State Third Grade Math Assessment
Tuesday, May 2nd - Thursday, May 4th
Yours in Education,
Mrs. Jacqueline Clinard
Court Street Elementary School